Frequently Asked Questions and Answers of interest to residents and property owners in older neighborhoods – Springfield City Departments, where to file complaints, and how to organize a neighborhood association – are coming soon.

Flowchart of the Administrative Court Procedure for Problem Properties in the City of Springfield
download flowchart… (PDF)

Report a problem to Public Works

(Problem property; overgrown lots; neighbor disruption; potholes; street light outage; etc. )

Recycle STUFF you don't wantRecycle STUFF you don’t want

(Oversized items, yard waste disposal, hazardous materials, paint, electronics, tires, CFL lightbulbs, etc.) www.springfield.il.us/Departments/PublicWorks/recycling.aspx

ICON Good Neighbor AwardsKnow a good neighbor?

Nominate someone for our good neighbor award!
Click here to learn more…