To ICON Members and Participants,
Our July Monthly Meeting will be held at First Church of the Brethren, 2115 Yale Blvd, Springfield, IL 62703.
This is a combined Membership / Steering Committee Meeting.
- SATS Transportation Update – Kevin Milhelcic
- Planning for August 25 special event with Peoria City officials. York Powers, new Coordinator of Neighborhood Revitalization; Nicole Fredrick, Senior Grant Coordinator; Shannon Techie, Senior Urban Planner; and possibly the Assistant Community Development Director will join us to discuss the recent creation and hiring of a coordinator for Neighborhood Revitalization. This is an opportunity for us to find out how Peoria is approaching the problems of blight, crime, and infrastructure decay. The Dove Center has been reserved for ICON from 4:30-9:30pm; the event will begin at 6:30pm.
Issues / Action Items
- Neighborhood Calendar
- Grant Resources; workshop?
- Problem Property update (Landlord workshop?)
- ICON budget priorities for City of Springfield
- Election Forum planning