Springfield ICON will hold a special meeting to finalize recommendations on candidates for public office in Springfield, IL. The meeting will be held on Monday, March 23 at 6:30pm at First Church of the Brethern, near the corner of Yale & Ash. This replaces the regular monthly meeting for March.
- Attendees must be a paid (for 2015) Individual / Family / Lifetime ICON member to attend & vote. Member Organizations may not vote.
- Candidates, candidates’ families, candidates’ campaign workers are excluded from attending in order to ensure open discussion.
- After discussion, the vote in each race will be by paper ballot.
Factors taken into account for recommendations:
- Actual votes by sitting Aldermen
- ICON forum votes and comments by candidates
Click here to watch the full 2 hour video with the candidates’ comments…
- Record of past experience in public office
- Past community, work and educational experience
- ICON members’ experience of effectiveness and sympathy with ICON issues
- Record of participation in ICON events and meetings
- Conversations with Candidates at ICON meetings
- Evaluation of biographies and vision statements provided to ICON
- Electability – likelihood of winning.
- Understands and supports ICON issues.
- Educated and informed about issues and current state of City government.
- Likely to be responsive to ICON’s mission in voting and to be on message in discussions.