Are you asking yourself, what can I do, where do I start? Well, everyone and every neighborhood is in a different stage, but here are some suggestions…
Get to know your “Municipal Trifecta”
- Get to know your
- for the most effective team for action. The three of these individuals working together is a powerful tool in affecting change and carrying the momentum of an issue making it a priority for the city of Springfield.
- Neighborhood Police Officer 217.381.4850
- Housing Inspector 217.789.2167
- Alderman Find your alderman on our Interactive City Map, and meet your city officials
Take More Action!
- Join us – ICON membership is an easy & inexpensive way to show your support for Springfield’s core.
- Attend a monthly ICON meeting. meeting notices…
- Get informed about inner city issues, candidates for local elections and then vote smart!
- Research and submit policies, ordinances, practices and laws in other like cities supporting the direction of ICON for our older neighborhoods. Reference the city and detail the ordinance, provide a contact in the respective city if available for follow-up research.
- Volunteer with ICON: help compile statistics, research, write policy, attend city council meetings and much much more.
- Nominate cheers – kudos to people doing great work on inner city / older neighborhoods!
- Nominate jeers – raspberries to absent property owners, fly dumpers, boarded up buildings, politicians who fail to support our core city!
- Email photos that illustrate the charm, history, diversity & character of your neighborhood. Email info@SpringfieldICON.org photos representative of your neighborhood. Before and after photos are especially welcome.
- Find your Neighborhood Association and get involved!