October Monthly Meeting
October 27, 2014, at 6:30 pm
First Church of the Brethren, 2115 Yale Blvd, Springfield, IL 62703
October Meeting Agenda
Conversation with Candidates
Mayoral Candidates will talk to ICON about their vision for Springfield and answer questions from our City Council Committee and ICON members.
- 6:30pm Sangamon County Auditor Paul Palazzolo
- 7:45pm City of Springfield Treasurer Jim Langfelder
Issues & Action Items
Vote on letters to Mayor & City Council expressing ICON support for:
ICON Bylaw changes to allow non-voting memberships for Organizations – to be voted on 11/24:
- Article III – Membership: Membership can be as an Individual, as a Family or as a non-voting / affiliate Organization.
- Article IV – Voting Privileges: Organizations may not vote; members of affiliate Organizations must be Individual ICON Members to vote.
Annual Meeting 12/15 at Obed & Isaac, 5:30-7pm
- Approval for buffet expense
- ICON Steering Committee considering slate of candidates for 2015 – input from membership
- Good Neighbor Awards – to a person & to an organization
- To vote, renew your 2014 membership before 12/15 if you haven’t already done so!
Aldermanic Forum January 26, 2015 – save the date!
Springfield Inner City Action Items
- Have a chronic problem property near you? Call police for nuisance issues for every incident to build a case to have problem tenants evicted or for getting it registered as a nuisance property. If you have a problem property near you – keep in touch with your Neighborhood Police Officer (NPO)!
- Flooding information from 10/23 SSCRPC presentation: RainReady.org has helpful information for homeowners, municipalities & states/regions.
Save the Dates: ICON 2014
ICON meetings are usually the last Monday of the month, except as noted below.
11/24/2014 Conversation with Mayoral Candidates – Mayor Mike Houston
12/15/2014 Annual meeting & holiday party
12/29/2014 NO meeting
1/26/2015 Aldermanic Candidate Forum