We will meet on Monday, June 24, 2019 at 6:30pm at First Church of the Brethren.
- Approval of May Meeting Minutes
- Minutes from last month’s meeting (will be approved by consent unless there are changes): ICON_May2019_MembershipMinutes.
- Treasurer’s Report
- City Council Update
- Problem Properties Update
- The discussion will focus on the results of last month’s SWOT analysis.
In the past, ICON has spoken in support of newer neighborhoods around zoning and development changes that were detrimental to neighbors. Should we expand to explicitly represent newer neighborhoods, which share issues like crumbling infrastructure, problem properties, cut-back services and ill-planned development?
Community & Neighborhood News
- The 2019 Levitt AMP Springfield weekly concert series on the North Mansion Block at 6pm. This is an ongoing every Thursday night this summer until August 1st.
- Fourth of July celebrations around town:
- June 29 – Twin Lakes Subdivision Fireworks Extravaganza
- July 4 – Concert (Levitt AMP Springfield) + Fireworks, Downtown Springfield
- July 5 – Rock the Dock, Lake Springfield
- July 26 – Fireworks at the Springfield Sliders, Robin Roberts Stadium
- MacArthur Boulevard’s next Bites on the Boulevard food truck meetup will be held at 1413 S. MacArthur Blvd from 5-9pm on Tuesday, July 9th.
- Please take a moment to complete a transportation poll for the Springfield-Sangamon County Regional Planning Commission here.
- From the SSCRPC: Your input is being sought at this time to provide SATS with an understanding of the state of the current transportation network through the eyes of the people who travel within the area. The survey will take only a few minutes and your time and thoughts are appreciated.