ICON’s March Monthly Meeting was held at First Church of the Brethren, 2115 Yale Blvd, Springfield, IL 62703.
Speakers & Topics
- Alderman Cory Jobe was ill and will be rescheduled for May to give an aldermanic report on the state of Ward 6 and his vision for our City and older neighborhoods.
- Budget Director Bill McCarty provided a detailed picture of how the 2015 Springfield City Budget will impact ICON initiatives and how ICON can participate next time. See meeting minutes for details.
- Chair Carol Kneedler presented an overview of Springfield Ward Map redistricting. Handouts described the process, current and draft maps were on display, and discussion included possible changes to the draft map to keep neighborhood associations together in one ward where possible.
- Attendees celebrated ICON’s fourth birthday with cake and punch, thanks to Secretary Marty Vandiver.
- Members voted to spend $300 on posters and banners to display at upcoming events.
- Outreach Committee Chair Marty Vandiver discussed ICON’s participation in Earth Day on April 26 and plans for an ICON picnic on June 8.
- The April 28th ICON meeting, the Green Summit, will start at 6:30pm to allow the three presenters adequate time for their topics.